It’s officially the first event I’ve been involved in organising in the blogging community and it’s been a great experience thus far. There’s been alot of interest as well as sponsorship and speaking offers which makes my task alot easier.
What we need now is to get the message out there and get people to register!. Herewith the details thus far.
I’ve secured the Bandwidth Barn as a venue and have set the date for Wednesday 28th May. Bandwidth Barn, 125 Buitengracht Street, Cape Town (map). Buitengracht street runs just bewteen Cape Town City Centre and Bo Kaap. There’s a Euro Scooter Shop just below it and it’s opposite a building with a Huge O painted on it.
Date & Time:
Wednesday 28 May 2008, 4pm – 7pm (feel free to come an hour early & stay an hour later if you’re a wordpress freak)
* Mark Bloomfield – WordPress as a CMS
* Johann Botha – WordPress Security
* Rafiq Phillips – SEO for wordpress
* Adriaan Pienaar – Topic to be confirmed
more speakers requested
* FrogFoot Networks – Domain & Hosting, the new domain with fresh installation of WP & a media wiki should be up in the next few days.
* Adii – Premium WordPress Theme as a prize
* Red-Button – 50 mb per person for the event
T-Shirt sponsorships being negotiated (more sponsors required!) We’ll be putting a list of logos or urls of the T-shirt sponsors on the t-shirts so hop on board. if anyone knows of a good place we can get the T-shirts printed let us know.
We’re looking for a few people to chip in for Yellow Llama’s flight costs, he’s covering most of it but as I asked him to come down to Cape Town to speak I thought it might help if we helped him out a little.
* Snacks – Sponsorship required
* Looking for someone to sponsor copies of wordpress for dummies
* Projector Needed for the Presentations
* Additional T-Shirt sponsors
I’ve been talking to a few people in my own capacity about the event, but need to rest of the community’s involvement in getting some interest going, sharing some ideas and preparing topics etc. Sharing your pics of previous events and blogging about the upcoming one will be much appreciated.
All you online social networking junkies out there are requested to work your magic with getting the message for the meet out there and drumming up some interest.